Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flats & Hand washing Challenge: The Why

Why do the flats and hand washing challenge?

Well, it's simple, in my church we are encouraged to have supplies in case of an emergency. We are encouraged to have 72 hour kits, 1 year of food storage, etc.

With Sydney I always had an extra box of diapers, that I kept in storage. When I bought a new box, I would replace the one that was in storage.

For the past few months I have wondered how to have a storage of cloth diapers. I knew I could hand wash if necessary, and we just added extra water to our food storage.

So I figure this challenge is the perfect excuse to try out using flats, which is something I have never tried to use, and have no knowledge of.

My daughter's skin is very sensitive. If we put her in ANY disposables, she breaks out, horribly. In the event of an emergency, in which water or power would be cut off, flats would be a better choice than our pockets or fitted diapers.

Do you want to learn more about the flats challenge? Maybe do it yourself?
It starts tomorrow. I will be using ONLY flats for 1 week, and hand washing them myself. WITHOUT the use of my diaper sprayer (shocker!)
The exact details are here.
Will you be joining me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment