Monday, May 23, 2011

Day One: Fail

How did all of your first days go?

Let me tell you about my day.

On April 28th I took Audrey into her doctor, she'd be pulling at her ear, screaming and running a fever for the past several days.

She was had a double ear infection.

So we got our antibiotics and went on our way, and she took them for 10 days.

At the end of 10 days I didn't see much improvement, so I took her back to the doctor.

The doctor told us that one of her ears was better, and the other was still infected.

Second round of antibiotics, and the ear was NOT better. In fact she hasn't been sleeping much, she's too busy screaming at us.

So I took her back in today. Not only is that ear MUCH worse, but the other ear (which had previously healed) was reinfected and not doing well either.

I was told that there was a pretty good chance that her ear drums will rupture in the next few days, and that when it happens, to bring her back so they can assess damage.

We were also given a referral to the ENT doctor, and Audrey started her first round (out of the 3) of antibiotic shots.

I was told this shot will cause diarrhea.

This week I get to go see the doctor 4 days.

So, yeah, I didn't exactly get around to doing the flats challenge. This kind of disqualifies me, but I still plan on doing this challenge, I'll just start later than everyone else.

Do you have a story? I'd love to have you as a guest blogger!

(Oh, and I can't figure out the snappi, any tips?)

No comments:

Post a Comment