Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tushies

This will be my final post on disposable options while traveling options, at least for now. Previously I've talked about why I dislike disposables, and Flip disposable inserts. I also briefly mentioned that I had a tried Tushies and wasn't impressed.

Well, I'm here to tell you all that I was wrong. This option, which I originally dismissed, has actually become my favorite.

But first, I'll tell you why I wasn't too fond of it at first. These diapers have absolutely no gel in them, which is wonderful if your baby breaks out like crazy from the gel. The diapers are made out of cotton which is great!!!! However, the diapers are pretty thick, and are very stiff, their tabs are old school 90s tabs, so they are sticky instead of the fake-velcro that are on most of todays disposable diapers. Half the time the tab would unstick, and the diapers would fall off pretty easily. Which is no good, and instantly turned me off on these diapers.

So how did Tushies become my favorite vacation diapers? My wonderful husband couldn't find any of the clean diapers one morning when he was letting me sleep in, and so he found the Tushies and he put on one Audrey, and then he put a Flip cover over the top of it. It fits perfectly over the Tushies, and if the tabs unstick throughout the time they are being used it doesn't matter, because the Flip cover keeps it in place.

Another thing I loved is that since it's an entire diaper in a cover, all the mess is totally contained. It drove me crazy that when we used Flip disposable inserts that when she pooped the poo got all over the cover, which can be extremely frustrating and can cause some anxiety while on vacation (running out of covers is no fun when you are in the middle of no where, trust me!)

Another great thing about Tushies is their sizing, it's newborn, small, medium, and large. When I bought Huggies for a week long cruise I was so worried I might choose the wrong size because I had no idea which "number" she wore!

I hope that these few posts have helped you all with choosing what type of disposable options for traveling for long periods of time :)

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't that work great? Hubby "thought" of the idea of putting a cover over a disposable on accident. He was running on almost no sleep and grabbed a sposie in the dark (I don't know how he did this as sposies feel nothing like cotton lol) and threw a cover over it like it was any other fitted. When I discovered it at the next change, I was impressed with the idea born from an over-exhausted daddy's mistake. I'll do this for any time we use disposables on a trip!

    ReplyDelete